|Using chalk to write lines, letters, and numbers.|
|Matching upper and lower case letters to make the |
beginning sound of the pictures shown on the cards.
|She is finding the lower case letters that correspond to the upper case letters.|
|Counting beads from one through ten.|
|Counting the beads and matching the number to the written numeral in the cups.|
Ohio Pre-Kindergarten Content Standards:
- Counting and Cardinality
- Know number names and the count sequences.
- Count to 10 by ones.
- Identify the symbol and name numerals 1-9.
- Count to tell the number of objects.
- Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
- Number, Number Sense and Operations
- Count to 10 in the context of daily activities and play.
- Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes.
- English Language Arts
- Reading Standards: Foundational Skills
- Phonics and Word Recognition: Know and apply grade-level phonics and word-analysis skills in decoding words:
- Demonstrate a beginning understanding of links between letters and sounds.
- Language Standards
- Conventions of Standard English
- Scribble familiar words with mock letters and some actual letters.